Indoor Volleyball - coed, mens, womens

Golf Leagues & Scrambles

Darts

Bowling

Pool

Sand Volleyball

Biking & Hiking

Tennis

Social Events

Happy Hour

Annual Affair

Excursions

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Message from the President - Sept 2008


Dear Omaha Sports Club members:

It is almost impossible to comprehend that three years have passed since I first took office as Omaha Sports Club President. I am indebted to several people who have helped me throughout these years. My thanks go to all of the wonderful board members; as a group, we made some very solid positive changes and witnessed significant growth in the Club’s membership. Financially, the Club remains fiscally sound.

The Club’s website has proven to be an important resource for our members. Thanks to the efforts of our webmaster, we have been able to make an electronic version of the Sportscaster available to members. Many members, in fact, have appreciated the ability to use the website to find out important information about Club activities. Because of the website’s value, however, the Club needs help developing it further and offering more resources to members, and I hope those of you with website development skills will contact our webmaster and offer to help.

I am very fortunate to have been a member of this fine Club and to have met so many wonderful people as a result. For that reason, I would like to encourage you to attend this year’s Annual Affair and, while there, to cast your vote for the new executive board members, who will keep the Club running smoothly. We have many fine candidates to choose from. In addition to voting, there will be free food and beverages (leaded and non-leaded) for a couple of hours, and then there will be a very short meeting during which we will announce the Man and Woman of the Year as well as the new executive board.  After the meeting, we will cut loose with to the sounds of Omaha’s best band, “Rough Cut.” And did I mention the Annual Affair is free for all members? I hope you can make it to this celebration.

Finally, I would like to thank you all for allowing me to serve you these past 3 years. Most importantly, though, I would like to thank my wonderful wife Carol who has been by my side these many years, giving me the encouragement and Love I will forever be thankful for.

Respectfully,
Joe Martinez
president@omahasportsclub.com
(402) 359-1055